Sunday, April 11, 2010

Earth Day


Good morning all,
As Earth Day approaches it's 40 year anniversary, I'm mindful off all the things we can but may not do. For example, I never used to recycle ChapStick® containers or clean aluminum foil. I'm constantly aware of what we can be reusing and it's really all a matter of habit and that starts many times at a young age. I think we need to teach our children that recycling is not only throwing your cans in the proper bin but looking at everything in a way it can be reborn. April 21, 2010 I'll be traveling to Madison to show some 2nd and 3rd graders how they can use trash to decorate a frame. The frames will all be cut from rescued foamcore and look something like this. What kinds of recycling tips are you teaching the youth in your life? Happy, happy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment