Sunday, June 6, 2010

Screen Saver


I was washing windows last week and noticed I had hole in one of my screens. We've all seen the repair job using a small piece of screen somehow affixed over the hole or the screen sewn together in that spot. I started thinking. I'm a good seamstress and thought I could take some black thread and duplicate the screen pattern. No matter how I thought to accomplish my task I knew you would see the knots in the thread and it would still look like a repair job. I thought some more. People put sun catchers in windows or crystals as decorations and that got me thinking even more. I could sew a decoration over the hole! I picked a flower. Yes, you see the knots, but they are part of the design. Now that is what I call a screen saver! Happy, happy week to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment