Sunday, April 14, 2013

Couldn't Hold a Candle

Good morning all,
I meant to blog last Sunday from the road. Even took a few pictures of the mountains in Utah, but we were so focused on the drive, it slipped my mind! What a ride!

Thanks to all who attended the event yesterday. Not as busy this time, but fun all the same!

The original owner Jacob Arnst at some point made candles and bought wax in bulk, that of which is still in the basement at the store. I've dabbled in candle making in the past and couldn't resist the temptation to try it again. I save all sorts of paper tubes and used many of them to make the candles you see pictured. They are unique, certainly one of a kind and reasonably priced! I had a gentleman comment that the tall one would never burn. I'd like to find out. Stop in and see us soon! Happy, happy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment