Sunday, September 29, 2013

Rope Rug

Good morning all,
I often see on the world wide web big thick rugs made from Lord knows what. I always wanted to try one and now I have. Did do some investigating and found a site where they sold cotton rope by the foot. Not sure how much I would need, I decided to go the cheap route (or so I thought). Went to my neighborhood hardware store and bought the longest clothes line I could and a roll of jute. 200 feet. Upon my arrival home I got to crocheting. That didn't get me far! I bought another 200 feet and finished the job. $30 dollars into it and several hours later, it is 24" in diameter and about 3/4" thick. I'm certain it will last for generations. I'm not done yet! I've got some heavy jute I'd like to experiment with. Stay tuned for details on our 2nd annual Halloween window contest. Happy, happy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment