Monday, August 3, 2009

Recycling 1-7


I believe a while back my community started recycling all plastic 1-7. That's fantastic! Not all areas do so I'm forever trying to come up with ways of reusing the plastic we create. Here is a simple but cute (I thought so anyway!) idea for using hair gel containers. I carefully cut the top off and cleaned the remaining gel out. I cut a piece of wall paper sample to size and used hot glue to attach it to the container folding the ends into the bottle and securing with hot glue and ribbon to cover the raw edge. This also serves as a water fill line. Ribbon for the bottom also cut to size and glued in place. Hemp serves as a hanger simpley wrapped many times around the top and tied. I filled with water and glycerin to preserve more lavender. The animal print vase is a piece of fabric surged around the edges, gathered at the top and tied with hemp. I added a few stones in the bottom for weight. These were fun and easy. If you'd rather purchase them, that's okay with me. They are not yet posted to my site, but will be soon. Stay tuned. Happy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment