Sunday, February 13, 2011

Zip it, Zip it good!


Good morning all,
After replacing the zipper on my sons leather coat, it made me think of what happens to zippers once they wreck! They are quite ingenious but there is no repairing them, only replacing them. And believe me, once they go, there're gone. Anyway, it got me thinking. I saved it and called Ardnt's, a local zipper shop. They did indeed have some they had been saving for a gal who made pins out of them. (she hadn't been in for a while, so they agreed to hand them over to me) That got me thinking some more. I started moving the zippers around placing them with different fabrics, trying to figure out a good design. I originally wanted to use only zippers, but as I found out like with the belts, it makes the purse to heavy. Then it came to me...Ties! Then more ideas started to erupt! Pictured is a handbag, ring, necklace and cuff bracelet. So new are these zipper products, they are not yet on gpurse.com. We hope to get to that this week. If you must have one NOW, email me! green.purse79@yahoo.com. The purse has since been donated to the Wisconsin Medical Society Foundation for a silent auction. Best of luck to them in April. Happy, happy Valentine's and happy, happy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment