Sunday, August 14, 2011

Follow Up



Good morning all,
Today I'd like to follow up on two previous posts. Consigner beware! I approached a Do It Yourself shop in Green Bay in May and upon their request made a few dozen items for consignment. I signed their contract, they signed mine. I began to suspect something was awry when they weren't answering my emails. Eventually I suppose they had to and let me know all but one of the 21 plants had died. We went back and forth about what to do and another month passed and only one item sold, they desired to end the relationship and in formed me I could retrieve my inventory. I was to let them know what they owed me for the plants and they would have them ready at the end of July. I decided it was fair to use item 8 of their contract - items stolen or damaged would be 30% of the retail price, a whopping $72. They scoffed and several emails later I decided it would be better to let them keep the moss balls and call it a day. They were to return the remaining inventory as promised. I received a box a few days later and upon recycling the shipping materials to my surprise, found an envelope with a check for $72. When I thanked them for taking responsibility for their part and honoring their contract, they made it clear they did not feel culpable, but sent the money under duress. As much as I desired to respond, I felt it best to just leave things as they were. What is the lesson then? Consigner beware! If I hadn't a contract of my own I could not have recouped any loses and I think they may be looking at revamping their agreement as well.

I also blogged about the menopause supplement Amberen. Although I do believe it has helped lessen my symptoms, they have not disappeared. I've got another month or so before stopping for 90 days. If desired, I can begin again then if symptoms return. I'll keep you posted.

Don't forget I'll be at the Farmers and Artisans Market in Elkhart August 20th. Hope to see you there!
Happy, happy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment