Sunday, October 23, 2011

More With Gourds!

Good morning all,
I know it must seem like I have an obsession with my gourds, but the fact of the matter is I was commissioned to make a grape vine wreath so I need the material to do so. When I asked my husband to save the vines he trims again this year he informed me he didn't plan to trim them this year. I needed some vines! Plan B was set in motion. I remembered way back in the day when I cut down a lilac tree, I used the smaller branches to make wreaths. I realized any supple material works, however, vines being so long, they work the best. From one plant I was able to get the 3 foot wreath made and four others about 10-12 inches in diameter. I'm not sure how long exactly it will take for them to dry, but you know you'll hear at least one more post about gourds! Have a happy, happy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment