Sunday, September 6, 2009

Labor Day


Now that Labor Day weekend has arrived, summer will officially be over (in my mind anyway). When I was a kid, that was the last weekend before school started. That meant of course summer was over. That being said, we're looking to create purses and items for the fall and winter months. This bag was custom designed for a client who was looking for a purse with a cool weather look. Fish Scales (that's the name of this purse) was something I wanted to try for some time. The base is constructed from a pair of linen Capri's using the waistband as the handle. The scales are circles cut from donated deer hides. I'm not certain they really look like scales, but that was the idea. I'd love to hear any ideas or comments to this or any other post. Happy Labor Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment