Sunday, September 25, 2011

Made of China

Good morning all,
For todays post I'd like to talk about making a frame from a piece of china. Now this is my kind of project! The only guidelines were to include two photos and newspaper article and to house them using the plate provided. I put down my needle and thread and hauled out the chop saw and hammer. I cut a template for how I wanted the pieces to sit within the matt and figured out the size frame I would need. I constructed the frame and took my hammer to the plate. (China is much stronger than you think!) I arranged and glued the pieces to the frames front. After drying overnight I grouted, dried and grouted again. I cleaned up any unwanted grout and painted the wood white to match. I proceeded to cut and cover the matt then place the photos and article within the openings and secure. I presented it to my client yesterday and she loved it so much it made her cry (she insisted I mention that). I've made an additional two of which only one remains. I like this process and think I'll make a few more. Wishing everyone a happy, happy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment