Sunday, September 11, 2011

Good morning all,
I may have posted about stewed tomatoes last year at this time, but they are so easy and so good, I had to write about it again. This is my second batch of tomatoes this year and more than likely my last. I'd like to share my technique. I start by preparing a medium onion and green pepper and saute in a little olive oil (they take longer than the tomatoes) Take a large pot and fill it with water about 3/4 full leaving room for tomatoes (about 12 medium). Once the water boils add your tomatoes for 60 seconds then remove. (don't discard the water, let it cool and use it for your plants!) This allows you to peel them easily.  Core, ruff chop and add them to your saute pot. Cook until the vegetables are tender about 10 minutes. If you have lots, I fill zip bags (half full) and lay flat in my freezer. Super delicious in chili, stew or plain with a pat of butter! Happy, happy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment